It's been quite a few years since I've done a recital. This past spring I made the commitment to put together a recital for the end of summer. It was originally schedule August 13th, but I got the dreaded Covid 4 days before. Now the rescheduled date of October 8th is fast approaching. This is going to be a woodwind multi-instrument program. It's my first time doing an "official" non-clarinet only recital.
I figured if I was going to do a doubling recital, I may as well do it right. There are pieces with the traditional woodwind family members....clarinet, flute and sax. But there are also a few pieces for instruments not normally seen in a recital setting. 19 instruments in total. It will hopefully be livestreamed and recorded.
- The Cycle of Life (O Ciclo da Vida) by Ricardo Matosinhos
- Geordi Tunes by Peter Hope
- Future Echoes from the Ancient Voices of Turtle Island by William Moylan
- Rainmaker by Philip Parker
- Grande Fantasie de Concert “L’ Eco” by A.N. Mezzetti
- Five Dances for Five Clarinets by Alfred Reed
4 thoughts on “Recital Time”
I hope it goes well!
I hope you enjoyed my solo piece.
Was it recorded? I would like to listen it.
Ricardo Matonsinhos! Hello! The recital is next Saturday, October 8th. It will be recorded, and hopefully livestreamed. I will make sure you see the video. 🙂